On our purpose:
- Precious human life is at the core of healthcare work.
On our expertise:
- Consistent healthcare safety outcomes are the synergistic result of expertise in clinical operations, human resource management, risk services, quality improvement, infection prevention, facilities engineering, communications and conflict resolution.
- We research and analyze with tenacity: Reality has layers.
- We excel at crisis intervention and corrective action plan deployment.
- Our unique talents support the long-term growth of risk and safety programs through on-going education and expert consultation opportunities.
- Employees are our greatest asset and every vigilant voice matters.
- Physician alignment, advocacy and accountability is vital to the high performing healthcare team.
- Active recruitment of consumers and their loved ones to the high performing healthcare team is essential for consistent and outstanding outcomes.
- Successful leaders prioritize healthcare safety culture as an organizational imperative.
- Courageous leaders celebrate unedited transparency as an organizational imperative. As Maya Angelou advised, “When you know better, you do better.”
- Robust leaders champion every team member doing the right thing, every time.
On the Science of Healthcare Safety:
- The work of healthcare is highly complex and based on human assessments, decision-making, and biological responses.
- “To err is human,” thus the moral calling in healthcare is to engineer process safeguards that protect the consumer, worker, and organization from unintentional human error.
- Exceptional healthcare quality dramatically shifts the axis of the bottom line.